A pandemic can never stop you from having your favourite food, isn’t it? And
Mutton curry is one of the most famous and very tasty curry for all the non veg lovers. This recipe is made with spices that gives exotic flavour to the recipe. The feeling that you are left with, after eating Mutton Gravy is nothing less than food heaven.
This blog is promoted by Sitara Foods & Pickles, an Online store for Vegetarian and Non Vegetarian Pickles
Mutton(Lamb, not too mature)-1kg
Onion-2 medium size(one onion for paste & one onion for fry)
Ginger&Garlic paste-2 Table Spoons
Tomato-1 Medium Size
Chilli Powder-2 table spoons
Coriander Powder-2 Table Spoons
Turmeric Powder-1/4 Table Spoon
Fresh coconut pieces-1/4 cup
Oil-4 Table Spoons
Salt to taste
SPICES: Cloves-10, Cinnamon stick-2''inches, Green Cardamom - 3
For Grinding: Take mixie jar in that add one onion cut into slices, coriander powder, fresh coconut pieces, cashews, cloves-5, cinnamon stick-1''inch, green cardomam-1. All these make a smooth paste and kept it side.
- First clean the mutton neatly.Take a pressure cooker add mutton, salt, oil, little turmeric powder, required water. Give stir the mutton then close the lid and put it on stove. For mutton with bones you will need to cook 3 to 4 whistles. After cooked the mutton keep it aside.
2. Heat pan add oil after heating oil add spices(cloves, cinnamon stick, green cardamom), onion, curry leaves, green chillies.Fry onions it will turns transluscent.
3. After add grounded masala and then fry masala until oil separates on sides.After add tomato fry it.
4. Now add mutton stir well then add chilli powder and salt.you can adjust salt for your taste.
5. Now close the lid cook the mutton on low simmer atleast 20 minutes. after cooked the mutton add coriander leaves serve with IDLI,DOSA, RICE, CHAPATHI and RAGI SANGATI.